Monday, March 19, 2012

Day #3

Hi again everyone!

Today's breakfast, i ate popcorn chicken with rice and shrimp wonton. This was a heavy breakfast as i was trying to follow the rule, "Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper." I felt really full after finishing those meals in the morning. It energized me in the morning and kept me awake. Around 11 a.m., i ate my birthday cake that was given by my friends. I was really full and did not feel like eating anything anymore. This was the first time that i ate such a heavy breakfast.

The popcorn chicken's ingredients are chicken, chili powder, vegetable oil, pepper and salt whereas the shrimp wonton's ingredients are shrimp, spring onion, wonton skin, minced pork, flour and some seasonings such as sesame oil and soy sauce.

This is the popcorn chicken:
These are the ingredients of popcorn chicken:

This is the shrimp wonton:

Wonton skin

For lunch, i did not eat much as i was still full from the morning. I ate beef noodle i bought from Din Tai Fung restaurant the day before. The portion was quite a lot, thus i was unable to finish it. I also still followed the rule, "Stop eating before you are full". I did not finish the noodle and kept it for the other time. By this, i also still followed the rule, "Eat food that have been cooked by human". The beef noodle is made up of egg noodle, sesame oil, chili, sliced beef, soy sauce, salt, pepper and vinegar.
This is the beef noodle:



For dinner, i did not feel really hungry as i have already ate a lot for breakfast and lunch. Hence, i just ate fruits that were in my refrigerator. Those fruits are strawberry, grape, apple, orange, raspberry and blackberry. This was a healthy and light dinner. By this, i have followed the rule, "Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper". After obeying this rule, i felt like i was healthier and i realized how unhealthy my eating habits were before. I seldom ate fruits before, but after eating fruits today, i felt that they did not taste as bad as i thought.

This is the fruits:


Fruits are healthy for us and i encourage those who seldom eat fruits to try eating them and making it your eating habit. Fruits are fresh and tasty too. For me, fruits are way better than vegetables, however, i would still try to eat vegetables as i knew that they are healthy too. I suggest that if you do not like vegetables at all, try to increase the portion of fruits you consume. It would balance your nutritional needs. BUT, try to eat vegetables too once in a while. It doesn't cost you anything, instead it is beneficial for you.

From this 3 days, i have learned lots of things and i think that changing my eating habits to a healthier one is really a good idea. Hopefully, after this 3 days, i could continue to follow all of the rules that i mentioned in my first entry and lead a healthier lifestyle. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment