Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day #1

Today, i tried to change my eating habits and obeyed some of the rules that i mentioned the day before. Firstly, i ate food that has been cooked by human. This rule was easy to follow because those foods were easily available in the school cafeteria or restaurant. I think that i could adapt to this rules for a few days or even a few months, if i start to cook by myself. However, i should firstly learn how to cook and it might take some time for me to be able to cook well.

From this day onwards, i will try to prepare home-cooked meals for myself to save my money from purchasing foods.

What's good about home-cooked meals?

It conjures up images of a family setting, fresh foods, warmth, love, healthy eating and comfort. By eating a home-cooked meal, we would all be having nutritious, balanced meals every time we sit down at a table. The ingredients would be fresh and no preservatives or additives would be considered, and the flavors would make our mouths water too. However, not many of us have time to prepare meals by ourselves, hence, we could sometimes buy foods from restaurants or canteen. I will try to make pasta tomorrow as it is one of my favorite foods. Let's see if i can keep my promise and adapt to this rule...

What do i think about eating foods that have been cooked by human?
Honestly, foods that are cooked by human are far more mouth watering than those frozen foods or junk foods. They are more appetizing and their texture are eye catching, especially foods that are cooked by a versatile chef. Besides, they are also healthier than frozen foods or junk foods because fresh ingredients and spices are used. It is also because those foods contain less chemical or other inappropriate substances that some frozen or junk foods might contain.

Moreover, i also have obeyed the other rule which is "Stop eating before you are full". This is also not a really difficult rule to follow. Today i ate lunch with my friends at Chada Thai Restaurant. I ordered fried rice with spiciness rate of 2 out of 5. I personally like spicy foods as they are more tasty and because i have already used to eat chili. Foods without chili are less palatable for me. After eating half of the fried rice, i stopped eating even though i was not really full enough. However, i was not hungry anymore too. Following this rule brought advantage to me. Firstly, i could store my food for other time and i could save my money too as i would eat less food. This rule was quite interesting and i felt delightful after obeying it.
I think that i could adapt to this rule for quite a long time. :)

This was the fried rice that i ordered:
This fried rice was cooked by a Thailand chef.
It contained eggs, onions, chicken, some vegetables, chili, soy sauce, ketchup and other spices.

Chicken and Eggs
Some of the ingredients used (one of them is onion)



One of my favorite seasoning, chili!

I am quite satisfied that i could obey the rules. I learn that eating foods that have been cooked by human is better and stop eating before i am full is also a good thing to do. I am still working on my cooking ability now. Hopefully i could improve it and prepare a healthy food by myself.
During these few days, i had eaten less junk foods and frozen foods. This was a good improvement too. ^^ Tomorrow my eating habits would be better i guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment